Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pillow Talk

I stumbled upon this cute touching project...

Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk is a project aiming to connect long distance lovers. Each person has a pillow for their bed and a chest sensor which they wear to sleep at night. The chest sensor wirelessly communicates with the other person’s pillow; when one person goes to bed, their lover’s pillow begins to glow softly to indicate their presence. Placing your head on the pillow allows you to hear the real-time heartbeat of your loved one.

The result is an intimate interaction between two lovers, regardless of the distance between them.


Joanna Montgomery is the one who started and designed this whole project (the branding, graphics and packaging for the product) and on her website she says:


Due to the volume of people I have had requesting to purchase my project, I am currently seeking investment to turn my project into a reality. Please feel free to contact me if you think you could help. 

UPDATE - 25th October 2010: I am thrilled to announce that Pillow Talk has won £25,000 investment towards developing the product for market. Watch this space!

"
-----







Here is the pillow ....






Some images of the creation process:






No comments: